Thursday, May 31

See Sharpy

My Microsoft interview went very well. I interviewed with two teams: the Visual Studio Tools Kernel team, and the C# team. After a 30-40 minute HR interview, I had two interviews with the kernel team, then lunch, and three interviews with the C# team. It was a long day, but it was fun and rewarding. Most importantly, both teams were really impressed and both extended me an offer of employment. Since I found that out I've struggled with deciding which team to join. Both teams have their own pros, and neither have cons, so you can see how its a tough decision to make. Its not that I'm worried about picking the wrong team, its that I don't want to let go of both; picking one team means I lose the other.

However, after talking with both teams' developer managers, and pondering it, I'm gonna go with C#. I'm going to be one of the few people in the world directly creating a new and brilliant (java ripoff of a) language. Well, okay, its already established and on to version 3.0 by the end of this year, but I'll be there for the next version if not longer.

So I'm moving to the Seattle area! Exciting times. Which is good, I've had my fill of assignment work. No more of that please.

No comments: